Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bimini Sands becomes Bahamas' first 'Shark Free Marina'



Patric Douglas' Shark Free Marina concept really seems to be taking off, add another to the list - Bimini Sands Resort and Marina becomes the first marina in the Bahamas to be 'shark free'.

Recap of the 'shark free' marina initiative.

Would be great to one day see all the marinas in the Bahamas become 'shark free' (and anywhere else where sharks and sport fishermen cross paths)...for sharks as well as the Bahamas - plus as a Bahamian it would make me very proud!

Yes, I was born in Nassau, spent half of my childhood there, being so close to the ocean I learned how to swim before I could walk, my first word was "boat", and I spent many sundays at the Poop Deck, a popular restaurant overlooking the harbor, getting free cherries from the bartender... :-)

Hats off to Bimini Sands and Patric!!!





No comments: