Saturday, March 24, 2007

Dad back from Tiger Beach


Well - the old man made it back in one piece from Tiger Beach (thank you Jonathan for the picture). He has about 800 slides to go through - it will be a while until I can post any pictures.

Here is what he had to say:

"Hello, friends:

I just got back from a shark diving trip to the Bahamas where I could, for the first time in my life, free-dive with REAL tiger sharks sized between 7 and 12 ft.

I really don't know what to tell you. The experience was so overwhelming that I cannot adequately describe what I felt.

Let me just say this: I wish people who are scared of sharks, hate sharks or love to fish them could face tiger sharks in THEIR habitat just once. A humble glance into the dark eyes of these majestic creatures would probably change their lives forever as they would sense in awe that to save the oceans they would have to protect the very shark that is looking at them.

Wolfgang"

1 comment:

Wolfgang Leander said...

not 800, "only" 400 slides shot within 4 days - 100 per day. Not much for a digital photographer; a lot for a traditional film photographer. Normally I'd throw away 80%; this time I was lucky: the success rate was approximately 40%, i.e. only 60% were second choice...

wolf