Thursday, November 29, 2012

White Shark in Miami Beach

Never thought I would be using that title for any of my posts...about a month ago Raul Boesel Jr. was freediving right off Miami Beach in about 80-90ft of water when Neptune decided to be good and grace him with a 10-12ft White Shark.  The encounter was quick - the shark was shy, but Raul was able to capture the moment.



A lot more to come about Raul - he is part of the next generation of elite U/W photographers and a solid freediver.  He and I recently got back from a phenomenal trip.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Whow, nice pic! How lucky you are, been freediving those waters for years and only saw makos, white tips, bulls, tigers and hammers. But never a GW. Peace!

Loree said...

Wow! Beautiful shot. Congrats on your awesome luck in seeing one of these.. off the coast of FLORIDA of all places...

Tharami said...

Cameo Nightclub in South Beach is a hot spot for those looking to party hard! Party with live entertainment and enjoy the night ambiance.south florida clubs.

Unknown said...

Wow that is an amazing and really scary picture! It doesn't even look real! I think the next time I'm at one of my favorite hotels in Miami Beach I might just stick to the sand!