Thursday, April 03, 2008

Sharkwater DVD Launch Celebration


Sharkwater is probably one of the best shark documentaries I have seen. In 2006 I saw the movie twice (Ft. Lauderdale and Key West) - also had a chance to have dinner with Rob.

On April 11, 2008 - Shark Savers are having a party which will be hosted by Rob and Captain Paul Watson:

When: Friday, April 11th, 7-11pm
Where: Pink Elephant, 527 W 27th Street, New York City

There is a $20 cover charge if you buy the tickets in advance, and $25 at door. I am not sure where or how this money will be spent - I assume it is a 100% donation going to the cause - that would be the only right thing to do.

My only question is: Why is Rob featured so prominently on the movie poster - promoting sharks or himself? I do not think I have ever seen a documentary director on a movie poster before.

1 comment:

Julie Shark Angel said...

All proceeds from the event are going to be used to save sharks! Shark Savers is a 501c3, and Rob has been incredibly supportive of our cause. To learn more, visit: www.sharksavers.org.

Please join us and meet both Rob and Captain Paul Watson!

Julie Andersen
Director, Shark Savers