Monday, February 05, 2007

Bulls have balls...


I always hear people telling me that any shark they see is a bull shark, sometimes they may be right, but I have a feeling that most of the time they are wrong. In the Abacos I have only seen reefs, all the locals have seen bulls (in the same place I dive) - kids, grandparents, fishermen. I guess they hide when I dive. Same story in the Galapagos - I am not even sure they exist there.

Now the question is - do I ever want to see a Bull Shark: on one hand I do and on the other I don't. For the do: they are impressive, massive, dominant, and beautiful (see photo above). For the don't: they have balls and too much testosterone - more than me anyway. Here is an interesting article - I just wonder how big the boat and the shark was...

Credit to the picture above goes to Fiona Ayerst - have a look at her gallery, amazing photos - and yes those are real BULL SHARKS.

No comments: